Info for Parents
Verizon has been made aware that a very small number - less than .001% - of certain mobile hotspots (devices called “Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L and MHS900LS”) used for distance learning have significantly overheated and caused heat-related damage.
Verizon and the device manufacturer are investigating the cause of those incidents and the school is working with Verizon to provide options for exchanging your device.
To help promote the safe operation of all devices, we suggest the following best practices:
- Use only approved charging cables, including the cable provided.
- Unplug your device once it’s fully charged. Devices should not be left plugged in continuously.
- When not in use, power down/turn off your device.
- Place your device on a flat, solid and sturdy surface such as a floor or table.
- Ensure your device is not covered for proper ventilation.
- Keep devices near room temperature when in use.
- Do not expose the units to extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Do not expose the unit or its battery to water or other liquids.
- Do not drop the units and do not insert foreign objects into the battery or unit.
Technology continues to play a critical role in the educational process. If you have any questions or concerns about the technology issued to you, please contact your school for support.